- 2006 International Building Code
- 2006 International Fire Code
- 2006 International Residential Code
- 2006 International Property Maintenance
- 2006 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2006 International Plumbing Code
- 2006 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2006 International Mechanical Code
- 2006 International Existing Buildings Code
- 2005 National Electric Code
See Code Adoption History for more information.
See the Unified Development Code for complete information on Lenexa’s building codes and ordinances.
Building Code Board of Appeals
The Building Code Board of Appeals considers any appeal of orders, decisions or determinations made by the Building Official or Fire Chief relative to the International Building Code and other technical codes adopted by the city.
The board consists of five members appointed by the Mayor and approved by the Governing Body. The board is required to include a design professional licensed by the State of Kansas, as well as builders or construction trades professionals, all with at least 10 years of experience. The current membership is listed in the Building Code Board of Appeals Roster. If an appeal is filed, meetings are held monthly on the second Thursday at 8:30 a.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers.
For more information, including a Building Code Board of Appeals application form and filing deadlines, see Appealing a Building or Fire Code Interpretation.
To discuss whether your issue should be heard by the Building Code Board of Appeals, contact Matt Souders, building codes administrator at 913.477.7706.